Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer As It Was Meant To Be

This morning I ran 9.2 miles with Runner's Edge on a simply gorgeous morning for running!  Temps at the 6:30 am start I opted for were 64, and only rose to 75 by finish.  The run went from Renner Rd. and 95th street north along the Mill Creek trail which is at it prettiest for this section up to the dam at Shawnee Mission Park.  Several long wooden bridges and tree covered most of the way.  I averaged 11:00 for my outbound and 12:00 for my return which featured a 1 mile uphill at the end.  It was a very nice morning run and reminded me of what I actually like about running -- great scenery, group pace and commardarie, and a longer run than I would have done on my own.  Clearly, I'm just now transitioning from my summer of bike riding to fall running.  Days like today sure make it easier! -- Bill

No comments: