Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bike for the Brain - 30 mile ride

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219013362

Bill and I did a fun scenic 30 mile ride.  It was a fundraiser for mental health in Johnson County.  The ride improved my mental health, at least for the day.

It was a well planned course. Except for the 1st few miles, little traffic.  The 1st few were on city streets and lots of bikes because everyone started together.  But after the bikers spread out, it was an easy relaxing ride.  Lots of urban scenery, and with Cliff Drive,the Lewis and Clark Viaduct bridge, and some other parks, it had great natural scenery too.

Bill and I averaged 13.1 mph. Bill was a bit faster, but waited for me at the lights.  It was hot and hilly, so neither of us wanted to go faster.

The custard at the end of the race was the best ever.  (But that's only because I was hot and hungry.  But it was pretty good.)

Let's do this one again.

No comments: