Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another Bittersweet Run

I've had this feeling fore the last two or three days that I was ready to run again after taking off for three weeks due to the bike accident and the very sore rib cage area. I felt strong, for some reason, and decided to run an easy four miles around Houston Lake (small lake). I walked the first .50 mile, started my watch, and began a slow easy 13:00 pace. I had ran about a half mile when I looked at my watch and saw I was running a 10:30 pace. I felt great but thought it best to back off. I walked a minute to a minute and a half after each mile and started day dreaming about a fall marathon or possibly Dallas White Rock. Man, it was hot and humid, but I was able to maintain a steady 11:00 pace. At the end of mile four I started to get dizzy and stopped. I was still sweating so I wasn't dehydrated. I just bonked really bad, right at mile four, and just walked home. Very, very sore this morning but I'll give it a go again today.....Mike

No comments: