Saturday, September 18, 2010

Starting with a walk

It's not much, but I was really pumped to be able to go out for an extended walk today - 4 miles at a careful pace.
My mental state had been on a bit of roller-coaster this week, because I had been experiencing moderately painful groin pain, the same pain I'd had before surgery. I was bummed out by the prospect that we'd fixed the hernia, but not the groin pain.
But on Thursday the doctor assured me the pain was normal and expected. He couldn't promise it, but seemed pretty confident the pain would gradually subside. Of course, he also wanted me grounded through the end of the month, so I won't be able to join Mike on our planned 50-miler on the 30th.
Still, the doc gave me the go-ahead to walk, so that's what I'm going to do. If I do it religiously, maybe I'll be ready to ramp up on Oct. 1. -- Rob

No comments: