Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back on wheels

October is here and I finally have the doctor's permission to resume normal activities. Normal, as far as I'm concerned, would mean running again, but I know that is still not possible. The few running steps I've taken in the last couple weeks have always resulted in groin pain. Even walking at a pace faster than what you'd use in the house results in pain. There is something wrong there that has nothing to do with my now-repaired hernia. I have another appointment with the doctor in 11 days.
It seems I can ride, however. I started with 11.6 on Friday, then 15 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. The last 10 miles on Sunday were into a light wind, and I worked harder than I probably should have. Now, two hours after finishing, my groin is a little sore. The bike's in the shop until mid week, so I'll be taking it easy for a few days. -- Rob

No comments: