Thursday, October 21, 2010

Smithville Trail in Autumn

With leaves crunching, and the occasional snap of a twig under my wheels, I traversed the Smithville trail. Just a 20 mile round trip but the day was gorgeous. The greens of summer had given way to the reds, rusts, and golds of autumn and I found myself counting my blessings as leaves took turns doing cartwheels across my path. The weather could not have been more perfect! The sky was as blue as it could be and the eagle that flew above was just icing on the cake! Man, what a nice ride! Even the geese had been replaced with hundreds and hundreds of ducks, although the ducks were in the water and not blocking the trail. I even noticed that the trail was clear of goose poop! I've never seen duck poop, so I suppose they poop in the water. Can't wait to go swimming!

If our trip to Rocheport on the 31st is as nice as today, it will be another super riding experience!......Mike

No comments: