Sunday, July 15, 2012

bike ride 42 miles -- a little fast

I met in Brookside expecting the Brookside ride on the KCMBC ride calendar. I joined the Yahoo group, but too late.  I showed at at 8 am the designated time, but they started at 7 am due to the heat.  There were a few other bikers, 4 from another group and 3 looking for the Brookside ride.  We joined them. They joined a larger group at the Scooters at 9 am on Shawnee Mission Parkway.  So we rode there to meet the others.  Then we rode through KCK, River Market, the bottoms and I don't know where else. We rode east because we were along side I-435.

They were a little faster than I'm used to.  But I did mostly keep up. And they only took short 5-7 minute breaks.  I was glad I had some breakfast and an energy snack with me.  It was a good ride for me.  I was pretty tired by the end.  I'll stick to the Clocktower ride if I'm free on Saturdays. But I wanted a Sunday ride because of my trail run yesterday.

Here's the route, but ignore the mapping from Brookside to my home because I left my GPS on.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/199578829

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mitchell,

Very cool weekend you had! Love the trail run write up (I once ran a marathon on trails....ended up at 5 hrs. 45 minutes which included 24 minutes of rest stops along the way. It's a whole different scale of things). And the bike ride sounds like it was a seriously great workout. Well done.

Hope your move this week and next goes well! Check in once you guys land back here! --Bill