Thursday, June 30, 2016

Getting Better & Better!

Schedule called for a 2-4 mile easy recovery run, so I did four miles around Houston Lake and added a one mile walk back home.  Stayed pretty consistent with my pace. 

A little over a month ago I was walking .3-.5 then jogging (I no longer use that term) .5-.7 EVERY mile.  As of today, I'm only walking .1 miles every 2 miles and holding on to a 11:00 to 13:00 mile pace for the length of the run depending on the hills. 

I'm still trying to nail down a goal finish time for my half-marathon in Oct.  My heart wants to run it around 2 hours, but my mind is telling me that, if I'm in shape and running good, I can break 2:30.  So, I feel that's a reasonable goal to train for.  I'm also ready to adjust it either up or down over the next three months.  I'll really know more by the end of Sept.

Of course, just finishing the race is something I should be grateful for!

No comments: