Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Doesn't Get Any Better!

Drove up to Smithville to ride the Anita Gorman trail. It was just so darn beautiful! The weather couldn't have been better. It was almost the perfect day! The Redbuds were out and everything was greening up. Everything was going just fine for the out part of my ride. The only breeze was the one I was making and the only wind were the ones I was breaking! That was for you, Rob! Anyway, the coming back part was a little bit of an experience I don't want to have again. I was riding along at a good clip, due to needing to get back and head to Lee's Summit to watch Brandon in a track meet, when I came around the bend and noticed a lady sunning herself on a blanket. Out of nowhere came this big Yellow Lab and he meant business. That SOB started chasing me and was nipping at my ankle. I started to kick at him, but forgot I was clipped in my pedals! I almost lost control of my bike AND my bladder as I rode off of the trail onto the grass. Luckily, it wasn't too rough and as I felt the dog hit my ankle trying to bite me, I was able to get my foot unclipped and kicked him in the side of the head. I love animals except when they attack me! The head kick did it, and he went back to mama. I yelled at her and told her she should get her dog under control before he hurts somebody. I wasn't the only rider on the trail, afterall. Cruised back to the car and felt really good about the workout. Tomorrow I'll run four or five miles. I'm hoping that the cross training on the bike will help me get back to racing form....... Mike

No comments: