Monday, April 11, 2011

Putting the Tire Store to Good Use

Late Friday afternoon, our office receptionist handed me a note during a conference call that said "Lucy called. Katie is on the side of the road with shredded tire." As it turns out, that is more information -- and more specific -- than Katie offered Lucy when Katie called her. I believe the phone call went something like this: Katie: "Mom, my car was driving wierd, and now it won't go anymore." Lucy: "Why don't you get out and check your tires. Maybe one is low or flat." Katie (1 minute later): "Actually, there is no right rear tire. It's sitting in the ditch and the car is resting on its rim." Teenagers -- you got to love them if nothing else for their inquiring minds! So today, while Goodyear was straightening out the rim and putting on a new tire, I took my running clothes and headed north from Stateline & 103rd along the Indian Creek trail. Nice little 50 minute run in gorgeous evening sun. Hit a bug swarms, but nothing that Rob hasn't already endured. Overall, a nice way to put the tire store to good use! -- Bill

2 comments:

Mike said...

OMG, Bill, not to sound sexist, but that is soooo typical of female drivers! I remember when Chris came home in the van we had at the time and she said the motor was making a funny loud noice. I started it up and it half scared me to death! Turned out the van bluew a spark plug. I asked her why she just didn't call me and let me know. She stated that,"She didn't want to get stuck anywhere and just wanted to come home with the groceries!" Women, can't live with them, can't live with them!

Rob said...

A priceless story. But I would never say anything as sexist as the other commenter.