Saturday, March 24, 2012

Layoff over

I told myself that I would schedule some easy weeks this year, in the hopes of letting my body rest and heal completely from time to time. In that spirit, and because it was cold and rainy all week anyway, I did not run a step Monday through Friday. Instead, so I wouldn't lose any conditioning, I cross trained on the eliptical machines at the gym.
I planned to start running again today, and just like that Mother Nature provided a bright, beautiful day. Hardly a cloud in the sky. It was about 50 when I got started.

I wanted to go at least 10, but once I got loosened up I thought I felt good enough to go as much as 14. I didn't feel that ambitious after 10, though, so I just extended the run another couple of miles, logging 12.15. That's certainly good enough at this stage of the game.
I averaged 9:36 for the run. For the week I had 18.2 miles. -- Rob

No comments: