Saturday, March 31, 2012

Next Two Months

Well, it looks like I finally found out what the problem is with my knee. I had an MRI a week ago and it showed I have, not one, but two separate meniscus tears in my left knee. I could see on the screen exactly where the tears are and they coincided exactly where I was receiving that sharp pain.

I'm scheduled for surgery this coming Thursday at noon. Hopefully, I can get through the healing process and physical thearpy in order to resume some kind of running program. I went through this last summer and was still able to run Dallas with my buds. I don't see any reason why I can't do it again.

My new goal now is the same goal I had at the end of last year and that's to win my age group in KC in Oct. I sincerely feel I can accomplish this goal if I can begin training sometime in June. I've pretty much chalked up April and May has lay back and heal months. However, I'll hit the bike and work on my endurance without putting pressure on my knee. It was great PT for me last year, so I expect no difference in the results this year...........Mike

No comments: