Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pleasant surprise

I was so stiff and sore on Thursday and Friday, I really thought I'd only be able to manage maybe 3 miles today. I'm not sure why my hips were so sore, but I know why my left foot ached - power walking in the wrong shoes. I knew when I did it, too: Thursday when I was out for a walk during lunchtime. I even had a pair of running shoes with me at the office, but I thought I could get away with a short walk without them. Never again.
Anyway, my foot ached and my hips were sore. I ate Ibu Thursday and Friday, and Friday evening I did 20 min. on the eliptical trainer just to get warm and loosen up. It seemed to help.
I started my run with a one mile walk to make sure everything was good and warmed up, then cautiously headed out. Thankfully, nothing hurt.
So, off I went, past three, past five, and all the way to 7.6. I quit then only because I didn't want to risk overdoing it. Things have a way of going bad if you're not careful. Seven-plus was a nice enough bonus.

I averaged 9:04 per mile, partly because I didn't have to do a particularly slow first mile to warm up. I'd already warmed up with that one mile walk. 25.1 miles for the week. -- Rob

No comments: