Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ride of Silence

I was touched by the support of the MRCofKC at the Ride of Silence last night.  There were around 100 riders that participated.  As the organizer, I was pleased with the turnout.  My wife joined the ride, too. Sad to hear so many fallen bicyclists, but remembering them in this way helps.

I wore my Nathan's Ride vest. I first wore in a few days after the accident in a ride to support Nathan and hope he would recover.

The bicycling community came together last night to continue the grieving for cyclist that have been killed.  I exchanged several emails with Monica whose 12-year old brother was killed in 2003.  She came with her family. I gave her one of my extra helmets as did another bike club member.  She said she'll be back next year and will try to be in better shape.  It was good to see someone trying to make a positive change in her life.

I was interviewed as part of the kansas city ride of silence.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city/Event-brings-cyclists-together-to-ride-remember/-/11664182/20167926/-/ufhx0jz/-/index.html

Thanks again to Mike, Katie, Sean, and Bill for coming.   (Did I miss someone?)

No comments: