Friday, December 26, 2014

A Christmas Eve Morning Run

Mike, Dan, and I met at the east gate of Cliff Drive for a 7:30 am run on Christmas Eve morning.  It was raining, and we wondered what ever posessed us to plan the run.  But we had a ball anyway!  Ran 4 miles at an 11:22 pace inclusive of several walk breaks.  This was my first real day back running and it felt great.  We were running 10:12's on our return miles running sections which is a push for me.  As always, I ran faster with the group than on my own.  We finished wiht a fabulous breakfast at Corner Cafe in Riverside which was jammed packed with patrons picking up their pre-ordered holiday pies. 

We thought of Ken during our run as he was on a plane to San Jose to meet his new grandson Mick.  So in honor of this special holiday gift, we'll close with our favorite picture from the day:

No comments: