Friday, December 26, 2014

Wow! Am I Happy!!

After a successful four miler with Dan and Bill Wednesday, I decided to forgo the run on Christmas Day and hit it again this morning.

Was kind of wondering how far I should run and decided to run to 9 highway and back.  I remember it as being around a six mile trip.  As it turned out, it was 6.6 from my house to 9 and back.  I had a goal of walking/running the first mile and then trying to just keep from walking during the last five.

There is hardly any flat areas at all on the trail to 9 highway.  You are either going long up hills or long down hills.  I'm beginning to be more comfortable running the down hills albeit slowly and the up hills are still somewhat of a challenge.  However, I averaged a little over a 12:00 pace and ran the last 1.5 miles in the mid nines.  Very, very happy!

No comments: