Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quads Burning!

Okay, so I only rode 10.5 miles today, but it was super tough!  I've been wanting to check out one of the newer Platte County trails built in the last couple years near Platte City.  The mileage map states that there is four miles of trail.  My first thought was maybe I could ride it four or five times.  Then, after looking at the map, it occurred to me that, since there were different spurs that took off in about four different directions, I could go out and back on each spur until I covered all the spurs including the main trail.

As it turned out, I could have covered a lot more than the 10.5 miles!  The trail hooked up, on the north end, to very wide sidewalks on 136th street.  Since my quads were starting to fight me on my initial decision to continue, I gave in to them and began my return to my car.

The trail is fairly hilly and some of the hills reminded me of the Hilly Hundred, just not quite as long.  Made no difference, I had to get off the bike and walk some of them anyway.  They were short, but way to steep for Mikie!

Probably won't return since the trails are short, but glad I experienced the beauty of this trail.  It would be a perfect place to run!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job. Hills are great training. As far as your quads burning, I hope you could say, "It hurts so good."