Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Well, I've Been Out Walking..."

Famous opening line from Jackson Browne's first ever song he wrote (at age 16) titled "These Days."  Well, my own 'these days' are definitely looking up!  My hernia operation recovery has gone very, very well and at my 2 week checkup this week, I got clearance to walk briskly now, begin easy jogs in 2 weeks, and full running in 4 weeks.  So today, I began my 2012 running program with...a 1.6 mile walk with my dog Maddie:



We had a great time, the 2 of us, out on our 63 degree sunshine January afternoon.  I told Maddie about how I had my first ever physical examination by a female doctor at this week's checkup (more embarassing for me than the doctor , no doubt), and Maddie replied "tell me about it, try taking a crap in private sometime..."  We mused about whether all of this is really news worthy enough for the MRC blog, but considering that Mitchell has been carrying the blog almost all by himself while the rest of us nurse injuries, we decided any update counts.

So here's to our 2012 enjoy the warm weather breaks all we can in whatever capacity we have moments!  These days, I'll be out walking.  -- Bill

No comments: