Thursday, May 3, 2012

Long run

I had some extra time off this morning due to a dental appointment, so I used it to get in my long run for the week before going to work. It was overcast and dark, and looked like it was going to rain any minute, but I figured I'd get out there and go as far as I could before the skies opened up.
I chose English Landing because it is flat, and because I figured if I did loops and it rained I'd never be more than a mile from the car.
The overcast was a real blessing because it held the temperature down through most of the run. The only precipitation came as the clouds blew out - about 15 minutes of a light mist. After that the clouds thinned considerably and the temperature climbed quickly. I was glad I didn't have to do more than about 4 miles in those warm, humid conditions.
I was shooting for 10 or 11 miles as the last long run before next weekend's half marathon. I wound up with 11 miles in 1:36:42, a pace of 8:58. -- Rob

1 comment:

Bill said...

Rob -- great run! Well done!
Bill