Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Longest Ride Since Hilly Hundred!

Had a super biking experience with Brandon Saturday during the Spring Classice tour with KCMBC.  293 participants enjoyed the perfect weather, but not sure about enjoyng all the hills.

The options were 24 miles, 46 miles or 70 miles.  Since I was a little aprehensive about the knee, I was all for the 24 miler.  However, Brandon wanted to do the 46 miler, which we did.  Sure was glad to see that last mile which turned out to be 47.12 miles, not 46!  Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

I really was surprised at all the tough hills!  There was a series of three really long, semi-steep, grinders somewhere around the 35 mile mark that forced me to get off my bike and walk the last 1/8th of a mile to the top.  My theighs were just screaming and I was beginning to be overly concerned with the knee, but we made it to the finish and headed home with me driving and Brandon sleeping.  No surprise there! 

Mike

No comments: