Monday, April 30, 2012

An Opening Farewell to Trinity University

Lucy, Katie, and I went to San Antonio last weekend for Jamie's student dance show titled Momentum.  It is entirely student run and choreographed and this year Jamie was the executive producer so we all trooped down for the show, which was fabulous.  We're going back in 2 weeks for her graduation, so on Saturday morning, I drove over to campus and ran all over the university grounds for my morning run.  Like many campuses, Trinity is gorgeous and I enjoyed weaving my way in and around the various campus trails and buildings for my run.  Lots of great memories from our trips to her school the last 4 years. 

There's an old Bonnie Rait tune titled "An Opening Farewell."  My run reminded me of the song as I really was beginning the process of saying good-bye to the Trinity University chapter of our lives.  Funny how specific runs, like specific songs we like, can anchor specific life moments in our memories.  This run was one of those times.

On Sunday, back in town, Katie and I got in our first bike ride together.  Only 8 miles, before we cut it short for rain, but it's a start towards our mid-June GOBA (Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure).  Yeah!  --Bill

2 comments:

Rob said...

Sounds like a very fine time with Katie and a real enjoyable run.

Mike said...

Bill,

Thanks for triggering those college day memories for me when visiting Mindy and David when they were attending Southwest Mo State and College of the Ozarks (Branson).

I remember running all around the campus where Mindy went to school. It was just beautiful down there, not to mention all the fun we had in Branson at the time.


See you next Monday!