Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's 86-88 Years Before I Get Serious About The Drinking!

Many thanks to Rob and his calculate how long you will live blog entry.  Only the Canadians (who authored the thing) would want to know the number, by the way.   I've always subscribed to the "a little bit of mystery in life is a good idea" philosophy.  Gets me through my dealings with the opposite sex anyway...

So I went to the site, and by lieing about how many vegtables I can actually name, got my life expectancy up to 88 years.  Still have to work through the wine thing however.  I appreciate the homework assignment to "start drinking more like your life depended on it."  Like Rob, I consider that 88 years old number to be 12 years below my plan, but it is heartening to know that perhaps social security will still be around by the time I kick off. 

Had a good week.  Got in 4 runs, the longest of which was 5.4 miles, 2 elliptical workouts, and a 20.5 mile bike ride at the KCBC spring picnic today with Mitchell.  One of my runs this past week was a morning run in Stanley Park, Vancouver BC.  Gorgeous views.  I actually worked out, albeit at very modest levels, every day this week.  My mandate with Mitchell today was fun and full of conversation and great food afterwards.  This KCBC club definitely knows how to have fun!  It felt good to be back out on the bicycle again today, even though we pushed through some high winds for half the ride!

Here's to riding and drinking seriously because the Canadians who built the calculator told us we must to age 88, damn it!  -- Bill

No comments: