Monday, April 16, 2012

Two Runs and an Eagle Scout Celebration

Due to my lack of running, I punted on the half marathon Saturday and dropped back to the 5k.  I still have a chest cold and cough, so I ran a 33 minute race.  Lots of very round bodies in my part of the pack at that pace...Enjoyed the race, the food afterwards, the sunshine, and then hanging out with Mike and Rob back out on the course.  They volunteered as course monitors and manned 2 different intersections controlling the cross traffic.  Afterwards, we all enjoyed a Mexican breakfast at PapaRicco's.  On Sunday, I attended Brandon's Eagle Scout court of honor with Rob, Mike, and Mike's family.  Lots of fun, and Mike did a great job reading Brandon's biography at that point in ceremony.  Today, I ran my favorite 3.3 mile run on my lunch hour.  Still have the chest cold & cough; averaged 10:42's.  Really enjoying the sunshine and it feels good to be out again running. -- Bill

No comments: