Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No love on the streets


Went out Monday for a slow run, and posted 6.3 miles in 1:01:12, which is a 9:43 pace.

I was just kind of slogging along, not feeling particularly energetic, when, with a mile and a half to go, this guy backed out of his driveway as I passed by him on the opposite side of the street, well out of his way. He rolled down his window and yelled at me - I heard the words sidewalk and street, and his tone, so I knew exactly what his complaint was. He wanted me on the sidewalk where I belonged. I just yelled "Get lost!" and waved him off (snappy, huh?).

That little incident gave me  noticeable shot of adrenaline, though, and for the last mile I felt great. Could have gone 5 more, but didn't. I was ready for my life-lengthening bottle of beer. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

Uhhh, let me guess, he was overweight and smoking a cigarette, right?

Speaking of cigarettes, I had to look twice at a guy and his wife loading their bikes up after my 20 miler in Smithville today. The guy had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth while he was loading the bikes. Unf----king believable!

Of course, I started my hacking and coughing routine to show my disapproval. Wasted dramatics!