Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Taking advantage of a day off

Very nice day for a run, and I had nothing but time since I'm not working this week (except around the house). I love running at any random hour that suits my schedule, rather than being forced into an evening workout all the time. It's very relaxing.
After getting a few things done early in the morning, I decided I needed to get out there before it got even a little bit warm. I was planning something in the neighborhood of 8 miles. The temperature was in the low 50s.

I could have gone to Smithville Lake and run on the shoreline trail, but it's a 30-min. drive and I didn't want to give up that much time to travel. So I headed for English Landing Park. I figured I'd be one of the few people there, but the place was busy with workmen getting the park ready for it's grand re-opening, and walkers and runners. The park has been closed or only partially open since last summer, when the Missouri flooded.
I didn't know what kind of run it was going to be until I got under way, but soon enough it morphed into a tempo run. I started with 9:32, and then 6 of the next 8 miles were at 9:00 or less. The final result was 9.1 miles in 1:21:17, for an 8:56 average. Loved it.-- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

You're looking great, Rob! You getting set up for one of your best seasons. Looks like I'll be able to join you in a few weeks.