Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love that cool weather

The cooler weather made a big difference in my energy level during my run Tuesday. I decided as soon as I took off that I wanted the run to be fairly fast. For the sake of conditioning I feel I need to push it a little bit once in a while, and it had been a while since I'd done that.
Inexplicably, I picked a rather hilly route for this effort. Even so, I started out with a 9:37, then was under 9 the rest of the way (best mile split was 8:23), so the overall pace was 8:52.
At this point, I was still over a mile from home, and I really wanted 8 miles, so after a short walk I ran another 2.32, averaging 9:24. So I got a tempo run and an easy run in on the same night. Felt good all the way.

Then Wednesday night, with the rains coming down, I decided to get my run in at the gym. On the treadmill. This was kind of risky considering my recent injury problems associated with the device, but I felt confident nothing bad would happen. I went 5 miles, averaged 9:28, and managed to complete the run without breaking a leg or blowing a hammie. Life is good. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

Great workouts/runs, Rob! Now it's time for you to start entering events.