Saturday, May 26, 2012

Well, it's Something!

Got real tired of sitting around for a week waiting for my back, knee, and legs to feel better after my fall off a ladder last Thursday.  Although I didn't seem to incur any serious injuries, I non-the-less, was very shaken up and in quite a bit of pain for the first two days.  Thanks to some good drugs (legal), I didn't feel the full brunt of the pain.

To date, the back is still sore, the knee seems to have another meniscus tear, or feels like it, and I have numbness in my legs.

I just got tired of feeling so down yesterday and decided to just walk.  I walked 3.41 miles at a 20:00 pace and actually felt like I accomplished something, or at least burned off a few calories.  Today I upt the mileage to a little over 5 miles at the same pace.  Just walking on my familiar running routes felt pretty damn good!

Tomorrow I'll hit the bike and get in a short ride.  Since it's pretty obvious I have a very slim chance of running again, I have resigned myself to just alternating walking and riding.  So be it! ....Mike

1 comment:

Rob said...

It starts this way, Mike, and then you never know how it might work out some day.
Meanwhile, walking and riding is all good.