Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What Does This Mean?

After Monday's half mile walk and J-word and then adding another half mile walk with Dan G. that evening, I decided to go for a longer walk today.  I walked .35 miles and just for the hell of it, decided to J-word for as long as I could stand the pain.

As it turned out, the pain lasted only for about ten seconds, so I just decided to just pick up the pace to what I would consider a slow run.  The pain never came back so I just kept going. 

I completed three miles with the first .35 walking.  Total time was 40.55 which is slow by any standards, but for me it was a huge hurdle and I sure didn't want to push my luck. 

Knee does not hurt at all and I'm fairly encouraged by what might be possible from here on out.  It's been pretty frustrating for me over the last five plus months, but hopefully, this may be another new beginning.

BTW, my splits were 16:05, 13:46 and 11:04.  Felt almost like a runner that last mile!   Mike

1 comment:

Rob said...

Great news!