Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Total Dissapointment!

Well, the doc told me I could begin my running again in three weeks.  Today was the day!  NOT!!!

I went down to English Landing so I could run on the soft trail.  I walked the first half mile then began a very slow jog, if there is such a thing.  I had only taken about ten short strides when I had to stop due to the pain.  I walked another 30-40 feet and tried again, even slower.  No go!

Rather than throw in the towel and give up, I've decided to rest the knee another two weeks and try again.  I'll stick to some short bike rides every other day just to keep the heart rate up and the weight down.  Really dissapointed right now.  I was looking forward to slowly building my mileage.

Soon I might have to resign to the fact that I can no longer run.  I hope not!....Mike

No comments: