Monday, May 28, 2012

Hospital Hill week

This is taper week for the Hospital Hill half marathon, so my plan is to do three low-mileage runs today, Tuesday and Wednesday, then rest Thursday and Friday. The race is Saturday morning.
So at 6:15 this morning, with the temperature already at 75, I was out for my longest run of the week: 6.1 miles. Once I got loosened up I decided to elevate the workout to a tempo run, which I haven't done in at least a couple of weeks.
After a 10:11 first mile and a 9:32 second, I went 9:01, 8:31, 8:05 and 7:48 for an average pace of 8:50. This was a good preparatory run for the race because it was a hilly course on a warm day. We all know HH usually lands on a hot day. The bonus this year might be the weather, though. Right now the forecast is for early morning temperatures in the middle 50s on Saturday. If that holds it would be great. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'll be rooting for you, buddy! Look for me around the first aid station.