Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hospital Hill after 6 weeks with injury

I was able to complete the Hospital Hill half on 6/2/12.  This was an accomplishment.

I hurt myself badly on 4/21 at the Free State Trail run, at about 10 miles of 13.1. I mostly walked the last 3.  I tripped, didn't fall, but my fall avoidance caused a bad muscle pull in my right leg where the hamstring connects to the glute.  I totaled my mileage from 4/22 to 6/2:  14.5 miles.  Not exactly proper training.  But I biked 140 miles.  So I was in OK shape.  I took it slow, finishing in 2:35 on my GPS (which stops when I stop) or 2:39 chip time.  Chip pace was 12:08. this is actually faster than some of my 5 runs while I was injured.

It was a great cool day. I'm happy I took it slow and finished.  I walked when I needed to. I hope to run more, but it looks like 2 bike rides this weekend, Clocktower and Fountains.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/186956685

No comments: