Wednesday, June 27, 2012

McClave Update #4 (of 4): Three Hills of Death

My final update from last week covers a Saturday bike ride that Steve, John, and I did on a 24 mile course Steve has named "the three hills of death."  This turned out to be a complete mislabel....should have been "four hills (some guys can't count) of death with constant near-death in between!".  The forementioned hills were very sharp and long, and please don't remind me that we enjoyed equally thrilling descents on every one, as I'm entitled to whine after a week of riding.  I was glad Katie opted out for this ride, as she would have had long uphill walks on the 4 big hills.  BUT, we made it up each one, and averaged 15 moving mph on the ride.  It was very scenic, and a great workout!  The picture below is the only one I took on that ride -- of John Cox with his $5,000 bicycle! The last picture is on Sunday just as we drove off back to KC -- Katie and my brother Steve on his cabin's front porch -- Bill

No comments: