Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cramming it in

Great to see some new posts here. Interesting to see what everyone is doing.

Since I probably won't have a chance to run this Friday through Monday, I tried to get as much of my weekly mileage in between Sunday and Thursday as possible. After running the Kevin Gray 5k on Saturday, that meant I ran 5 out of 6 days. I took Monday off, but under normal circumstances I would have had another day off in there somewhere.

So, since Sunday I've done 24 miles, none of it very fast. I'll be on the road most of Friday and house-painting on Saturday and Sunday, but I'm still going to try to squeeze in 6 on Saturday if at all possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoyed my Hospital Hill half this year. Several runners I know have strong negative feelings about the race, but I love the challenge. It gets hard in a couple of places, but if you haven't burned yourself out early those spots aren't killers.

Of course, we got real lucky with the weather this year. Partly because of that, I came close to my half marathon PR, running 1:49:44 (my PR was at HH a few years ago).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay out of the heat. -- Rob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also like HH. I also don't understand why some runers don't like it. It delivers what it says, hills and being in June, heat. So you can't say you weren't warned.

Congrats on the near PR.