Sunday, June 17, 2012

City of Fountains 46 mile bike ride

I rode the City of Fountains Bicycle tour today.  It was a great 46 miles. I enjoyed the many fountains KC is famous for. But I can't say I saw all of them. There were over 30 that we passed. Some were small and not all were working.

The biking was pretty good. This was my first ride after my professional fitting.  I was a bit sore, but nothing like my 1st 50 mile ride last year. Or after the 1st day of the Hilly Hundred.  It was also on my new road bike. I bought a Specialized Sequoia about 2 months ago.  I've also ridden it on two 30 mile rides, Tour de Brew and Joel's ride.

The ride was well supported, with 3 SAG stops. The second was actually at the start because the last 24 miles started there again. This was the same 24 miles as the 24 mile ride that many riders did.

It was great weather, a 7 am start. My GPS moving time was 3:55

Here's the route, etc.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/190058925

No comments: