Friday, July 5, 2013

This post is for Monday July 1, 2013

Rode with Rob and Lowell on the Cliff Drive route.  Took them by the house I mostly grew up in (still trying), Northeast High School (alma mater), and James School which was where I attended from 4th thru 6th grades. 

We ended up with just under 20 miles, but the weather was terrific! 


This post is for Wednesday July 3rd, 2013

Rode the Smithville trails with Rob and his friend Jody.  We rode both ends of the trails and logged 41 miles.  I have to tell you, that this was the best ride I've experienced for several months.  I have never felt stronger, other than when I was in top marathon shape.

I never got tired and was never breathing hard, even though I was really cranking it!  I have to believe that it was the result of my body adjusting after the Rock Island Ramble a week and a half ago.  That ride was the toughest test ever for me.  Even though I bailed out at the 46 mile point, I non-the-less benefited greatly from this ride.

I have really gained a lot of confidence this past week with regards to my biking.  I'm now ready for the next challenge.


No comments: