Thursday, November 20, 2014

Accidently Ran Eight Miles!

Yeah, that's right, accidently!!!

I had to go to Bank of American at about 8300 Prairie View Rd. which I just knew was about 2.5 miles from my house, making it a 5 mile round tripper.  Wrong!  When I got to the bank, I'd already logged 3.92 miles!

I took a different route on the way back home and ended up with exactly 8 miles on the Garmin.  My plan, at first, was to walk .3 miles then slowly run the next .7.  This program has worked well for Rob and myself while we work past our physical issues.

I wasn't sure if I should just get the five miles in and walk the rest of the way, or was it time to man up and see what was there?  I kind of semi-manned up and stuck to the .3 walk and .7 run, but I was only running a pace of around 13.00 minutes or so.

Makes no difference, I got to log a 8 miler and gain some more confidence.

No comments: