Thursday, November 27, 2014

Stupid run on indoor track

Last Sunday, I wimped out of running most of the day because of the rain.  I finally gave up on running outdoors and ran 2 miles on the JCC indoor track and 1 mile on the treadmill.  Well the 0.1 mile oval track had a steep bank that I noticed and did not like.  But i did my two miles anyway.

Well on Tuesday morning I woke up with severe plantar faciatus  on the outside of my left foot. I couldn't figure it out because it's usually my right foot that has plantar.  But the I remembered my run, which was clockwise so my the left side of my left foot was hitting the steep bank.  2 miles at 0.1 miles and 2 oval banked sections meant I ran for a few yards like this 40 times.

So now, I walk with a limp and won't be running for a while. I did go for a swim today.  (My KC JCC membership was honored at the Pittsburgh JCC which was a short painful walk from my Dad's place.    

Live and learn!

2 comments:

Mike DeGhelder said...

Mitchell,
I'd like to see just one week where all of the MRC members were healthy!

Sorry to hear about your PF, but are you absolutely sure that's what it is? You may have just strained that part of you foot running on a surface that was unfamiliar to you or you feet!

Bill said...

Add to the foot issue the simple fact that running 1-tenth mile laps on a banked track definitely makes one bat-shit crazy mentally....

Hang in there!