Monday, June 7, 2010

Gotta Keep Goin!

Well, what do I do today to follow a two plus hour kayak trip on Saturday and 36.5 mile bike ride
on Sunday? I felt just great after the bike ride and my quads weren't near as sore as they were after a 21.6 mile bike ride a week ago. I was just going to settle for a nice easy four miler to cap the weekend, but for some reason in mile two I just felt so good I found myself picking up the pace. At one point I looked down and saw that I was running at an 8:20 pace and wised up. I slowed the pace to where I was running comfortably without pushing it, but without dogging it. I ended up averaging around a 9:30 pace over all.

Note: Nothing hurt before, during, or right after the four miler, but later on my left hip joint started to really give me some discomfort. Kinda upsets me because I really wanted to get back into my running program........Mike

No comments: