Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To run, or not to run...

No riding today, but I eventually got restless and went out for a 3.5-mile walk. Argued with myself all the way whether to run or not. I was sorely tempted.
"I feel good, I should try a few running steps."
"No, at least walk the first half mile."
"There's a half mile. Now I should run."
"Really, I should walk a full mile before I run at all."
"Maybe I'll run a little after the turn."
And so on. I eventually talked myself out of running at all, figuring I needed to gauge the results later tonight or tomorrow. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, so the best thing to do is approach running incrementally, the way a person who's never run before gets started. You walk, then walk and run, then run and walk, and finally, run.
Maybe next time out I'll feel ready to run a few steps. --Rob

No comments: