Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recovery Run and MAJOR Correction!

After yesterday's 21.6 mile bike ride I thought it best to just do an easy four miler. Quads were a little sore last night but didn't seem to bother me during the four mile easy run. Walked the first half mile and then stayed around 10:30 - 11:00 pace for the remaining three and a half miles. Rewarded myself with new shoes today. It's a new Asics shoe called the 3020. It got a very good review in the last issue of RW and is constructed for my type of foot and running style. Haven't road tested them yet, but will tomorrow.

Major correction in a previous blog! I reported that I ran a 7:28 mile during a ten mile run a few weeks ago. For some reason I had that run on my mind two days ago and got to thinking that there was no way I could run a 7:28 starting with almost a quarter mile uphill! I went back to check my Garmin training logs and it clearly stated 8:28, not 7:28! I have no idea why I saw it as 7:28, just old and tired, I suppose. Sorry about that guys. I'm a real stickler for honesty and integrity in this sport and hate to see people cheat their way into Boston, cut courses, etc. Beside, I have nothing to prove anymore!

See you all Saturday to begin a super weekend together! God bless you all!

Mike

No comments: