Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Battling it out at the End of the Day

OK, some days I just am worn out at the end of the day and don't feel like getting started running. Yesterday, I ran inside on the track after work and immediately I was out of breath on a slow pace! I wanted to quit out of frustration, but instead I decided to follow Mike's advice and drop back to a ridiculously slower start. So I ran the rest of my first 2 miles on a treadmill at 12:00 pace which did get rid of the short breath and tight chest. Then ran 2 miles at 11:06 miles -- still very slow, but a push for whatever reason that day. At the end of my little 4 mile workout I DID feel better, and the last mile WAS my best feeling mile. Hopefully, I can chug through this and get back to the 10:00's I ran last Thursday! -- Bill

No comments: