Friday, February 4, 2011

Kind of a Dare, but....................

I called Rob Wednesday and, on kind of a dare, suggested we take a run in the snow just to say we did. Mainly, so we could call out Bill as being a wuss for not doing same. The initial plan was to run a mile due to the high snow and unplowed streets. I wasn't sure how long I could last since I hadn't been running at all. We started out slow and were joking about the conditions and the comments from our neighbors. The looks we received were easily read, and yes we're crazy people, we runners! We had covered about two blocks when I noticed I was about 20 yards behind Rob. Rob, being the understanding, compassionate person he is, noticed how far behind I was and summed up these words of encouragement, "Well, if I knew your were going to stay home!" I felt so much better and regained my confidence.

Surprisingly, we ended up running four miles and I felt just fine. We were both kind of pleased that what began as a joke and a dare ended up being not only a quality run, but a good experience.........Mike

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

MIke,

You should post your picture with this entry! Great job! -- Bill