Monday, August 12, 2013

Good and Bad!

Yesterday was supposed to be a total rest day since I ran Saturday, but I wanted to check out the construction of the new trail going into Riverside.  I ended up walking around three miles without any knee issues. 

Today, I chose to run again and tested myself again at English Landing with a 2.5 mile run.  The run itself went just fine with the first mile in 12:09 and the second mile in 10:39.  The last half mile was 4:25 which meant I was on an 8:30 pace.  I fully intended to run another 1.5 miles for an even four miler, but when I bent over to stretch my back I almost went to the ground in pain.  I've done something to my back now.  Jeez, always something!

Took 600 mg of Ibuprofen and applied an ice pack.  Seems better, but not quite right yet.  Will apply two Michelob Ultras before bedtime to help sleep.  Hopefully, all will be well tomorrow.

No comments: