Saturday, August 10, 2013

Still Surprised!

Well, I tested the waters again this morning.  I went down to English Landing with a goal of running (no walking) for exactly three miles.

Since my hips were really sore and tight from cranking it with Sean yesterday, I took it very slow to let the hip muscles warm up, and loosen up, as evidenced by my beginning pace.

I decided to just get the three miler in without a goal pace in mind.  Goal pace, that seems like a foreign term to me now.

Anyway, the knee never gave me any indication of discomfort, so I kept going.  As it turned out, I could have added an additional mile, but I have nothing but time.  There's no hurry, so why take the chance?

My mile splits were:  14:55, 12:58 and 10:23.  I got down into the low tens and high nines for awhile in the last mile.  It just took me forever to loosen up the hips.

Since the bike is in the shop, I'll run again tomorrow and I'll keep building mileage, just like I was training for some kind of road race, until my knee starts giving me trouble again.

No comments: