Sunday, August 4, 2013

Longest 30 miles ever!

Well, I showed up in Prairie Village to join the Riff Raff riders to give it a try.  If I'd known how tough the course was going to be, I wouldn't have gone!  Hills way too tough on the out trip, but we took a different route on the return that wasn't bad at all. 

Highlight was having breakfast with a large group.  I estimate there was at least 30 riders, but not sure.  We dropped three on the way out and now I know why.  I should have expected something was up when the group groaned after Bob Pisciotta made the announcement that they would be riding Corrington Street.  That street was a real bugger!  Very long and just steep enough to wear your butt out at half way up!

I realize it would have made a difference if I was riding a road bike and weighed less that I do.  However, I don't intend on investing in a road bike just so I can join these group rides.

I told Mitchell that I doubt I would do another group ride due to not knowing the routes ahead of time.  I've done two group rides now, one with the clock tower group and this one.  I think I'll stick to either riding with my buds or just going by myself.  I can pick the course! 

I know all this sounds negative, but I'm at the age now where I just don't want to push myself to that extent.  Too many things breaking down now!

No comments: