Thursday, August 8, 2013

Not sure what to think!

Not sure how much to get excited about this. 

Since I'm riding tomorrow with Sean, and Saturday with Rob, I didn't want to ride today, so I put on my running shoes and headed down to English Landing, not knowing what to really expect.  Although I ran recently, and didn't have any trouble with the knee, I felt I might be tempting fate with another run. 

Throwing the proverbial caution to the wind, I walked for about a quarter mile then reset my watch to zero.  My intention was to just run, not jog, for the two miles. 

End result was two miles averaging 10:41 with a top end of 8:12.  This was a result of just running slowly at around high elevens for the first mile and turning it up a notch, then two notches, for the second mile.


It felt sooooo good just to be a runner again!!!!  Even just putting on my shorts and Hood to Coast singlet felt great!  Those of you who ever played tackle football know what I mean when you put on those shoulder pads and that helmet.  There's just a psychological transformation that occurs and you're ready to go to war.  With me, the war was with myself and father time.

Don't know what the next run will bring, but for now, I can call myself a runner again!

Now, I have to convince Chris that I need new shoes!!!

1 comment:

Bill said...

MIke,
Congratulations on a blog entry with no wildlife mentions! I'll have to fill in the vacuum....I saw 7 turkeys at dinner Monday night!

Recommend you run hard -- very hard -- till your knee doesn't move anymore. That way, you'll know where the line is.

Seriously, sounds like the biking is helping you on running! Yahoo!

Bill