Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Starting to Feel Better now.

It took almost three days, but I'm now starting to walk normal. Really had difficulty with all the stairs in my house due to the sore quads. Would have been worse if there were more hills.

Already thinking about a spring marathon, something like the Nashville Country Music Marathon on May 28th. Might just run that one and drive on to Ashville, NC to see my brother after the race.

If I do run Nashville it might knock out Running with the cows, but I could still run the 5k..........Mike

4 comments:

Bill said...

Mike,

Keep us posted on what you decide. That plan sounds like fun!

Bill

Mike said...

I'm kind of torn between Nashville or opting for Running with the Cows and Rock the Pky.

Time and my physical condition will help me make that decision.

Healing from my knee surgery and getting through Dallas opening up a lot of possibilities. I'm been really pumped since Sunday!

Bill said...

I hear you on the local runs, but I personally would opt for visiting my brother any day. Question -- why don't you look at running a target race in your brother Steve's town? Running is such a big part of your life, it would be fun for him to hang out with you through a target event in his town. You could take him and his partner to the pasta feed, the expo, and then have them join you at the finish line with a nice meal afterwards. I think the core thought of "hey, this is something I make a priority in my life, so I'd like to target a race in your town so we can share the experience together" is a very nice thought. -- Bill

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about a spring marathon, too.