Monday, May 31, 2010

Great Morning, Great Ride!

I was preparing to fill the orders I had from the Memorial Day tournament I photographed when Rob called and wanted to know if I wanted to do a 20 mile bike ride. Not being in a real hurry to fill the orders, since it was a holiday, and the lab couldn't to anything with them until tomorrow, I thought it would be a nice break. Smithville was our destination again and this time we didn't wuss out and take a shorter route back.

We took a few water breaks during the ride and it was just a glorious day to be outside. We passed several picnickers, people camping out, guys fishing, and of course, boaters. On our way back we missed a turn and ended up adding 1.62 miles to our ride. It ended up not being of any concern as we both felt pretty good about the ride. Our only concern was the very long steep hill at the end of our ride back to the parking lot. We decided that when we got to 20 miles we would just walk the rest of the way or, at least, up that damn hill. As it turned out, we attacked the hill and just kept going! Kind of proud of ourselves. Not so sure I would of attacked the hill if I were riding by myself, but Rob was in front of me and there was NO WAY I was getting off my bike until he did! It was just a great ride on a beautiful morning. Hope the weather is the same next week! Mike

No comments: