Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MRC Night Out.

Well, it was another fun night with the MRC boys on Monday the 17th. No real need to describe the run, dinner, or conversation since you all were there. So there!

However, my entry today will be about Rob and I riding out bikes at Smithville Lake. Our intentions were to ride 20 miles, which would have been where we started, on W Hwy, to the main marina, about 9.8 miles. We stopped along the way and shared a Subway turkey sandwich which had everything on it that ROB liked. I suggested a few things, but Rob kept saying, "But, I like this!" I just thought everyone liked a pound of jalapenos on their sandwich. Oh well, he was paying for it so I let it go, since I was busy apologizing for collapsing the sneeze glass over the meat and vegetable choices. Scared the hell out of me! I thought we just put Subway out of business! Note for future: Never place you hand(s) on the sneeze glass with any weight!!! It will fall right down and crush your sandwich!

Anyway, we shared our sandwich under a nice shade tree on a picnic table with a great view of the lake. A nice breeze was coming off the lake gently caressing our mussed up hair from the ride. It was very romantic, with the exception of Rob being there and all.

At the end of the Ride we had a short discussion regarding the option of reversing our course, taking the same way back, or just taking the highway back due to it being flat, or so Rob professed. Jeez, there were more longer steep hills on the highways going back!

At any rate, it was a beautiful day and we had a nice ride. I think there was some discussion about riding on Wednesday at Longview Lake. We really need to get into some kind of bike shape before our Katy Trail ride.............Mike

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mike and Rob,

Glad to see you two finally coming out of the closet. Trust Subway to bring out the real you in you two! -- Bill