Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Well, What Do You Know?

Well, I ran my ten miles today although it was pretty tough. It wasn't so much the physical side of the run as it was the course I chose. My plan was to run one loop around English Landing (2.5 miles), then run out the dirt farm road west of the park to the 5 mile point, return back to English Landing and add the loop again making it a ten mile run. Well, the farm road was okay until I hit around the 4 mile point of the run. The road was so chewed up with ruts and mud and gravel that I decided not to return the same way. I just continued on until the farm road connected up with 9 highway and came back east on 9 to Parkville and turned into the park. I didn't have to add the entire loop to make up the ten miles. I felt pretty much okay for the first nine miles and even felt comfortable running in the eight minute range. Somewhere around mile 9.5 my hips started to ache but I was determined to finish with an even ten miles!

Here are my splits, but keep in mind that I walked the first half mile of mile one and two minutes of mile two.

Splits: 14:16, 11:32, 10:42, 10:43, 10:56, 10:37, 10:14, 9:40, 9:41, 11:13

Slow but I got my ten miler in finally! -- Mike
,

3 comments:

Rob said...

You must have blazed a path through the farm fields. I've run in there several times this spring, but the road kind of disappears about 3/4 mile in. I've just been turning back.
Good job on the 10!

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mikey -- well done, well done! Love how your 8 & 9th miles picked up so much! -- Bill

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mikey -- well done, well done! Love how your 8 & 9th miles picked up so much! -- Bill